Just a small taste of my weekly edition of Treasure Chest! I scour the web for the best educational technology resources each week and post them every Sunday!
Amplify’d from jeffthomastech.com
Treasure Chest-100′s of Resources, Ideas & Videos for EdTech!
- Işıl Boy: 50 Tools and Tricks to Revolutionize Your Note-taking–Great tools, especially if you are an MA student!
- Powerful Sound Recording Tool- Audio Recorder–Audio Recorder is a powerful and useful sound recording freeware app for Windows. With this app, you can record sound from microphone, line-in, streaming audio
- 10 Ways to Get More From Google Voice | Maximum PC–If you have any interest at all in turning your normal mobile communications into a supercharged environment boosted by the best of what the Web and a mobile network could possibly offer… it’s time to go Google Voice.
- How to Teach with Tech Tools–In Western Civilization class at The John Carroll School, freshmen grab plastic chairs from a stack against the wall, gather around the room in different areas and jump online with their tablet PCs.
- Using Creative Commons Images from Flickr–Flickr is an excellent place to find images that are available under a Creative Commons License but it won’t let you properly attribute CC work. Here’s how!
- The Complete Guide to Watching Video on the iPad–With the iPad’s large screen and light weight, it makes it the ideal device for watching movies and TV shows lying in bed, on the go, or pretty much anywhere you want to. That said, Apple’s embargo on flash makes it difficult to find a lot of content to stream online.
- 40 iPad Apps That Librarians Love–Whether you’re looking to get creative or organize your life, nearly every librarian will find these iPad apps fun and useful.
- 60 Educational Game Sites That You’ve Probably Never Seen « Tech:-)Happy–These aren’t in order of greatness – they all have their own specific applications for education. A few of these appear on my Sites for Kids (and Teachers) page.
- 25 Safe, Fun & Educational Virtual Worlds for Toddlers, Kids, and Tweens | eLearning Gurus–Parents may be concerned about the safety and security of their children online, so here are 25 safe places for kids to play online.
- Facebook Instant–Browse the Facebook Instantly like never before !!. Search in your friends’ posts, status, comments and much more… Visit to try it out: (No registration required, Just type and search)
- An Overview of Windows Live Essentials 2011–This article will give an overview of what’s there to explore in this latest edition of Live Essentials and how to install the programs
- Screenshot Tour: Evernote 4 for Windows Make Taking Notes a Pleasure – How-To Geek–Evernote 4 for Windows is finally here, bringing with it a much needed UI refresh and an amazing speed boost. Let’s look at how Evernote has improved and now makes it easier than ever to save all of your memories.
- Ideas for a Flip Camera Video Scavenger Hunt « Moving at the Speed of Creativity–Monday in class, we brainstormed ideas (using an Etherpad shared document) for a video scavenger hunt. Based on the input and suggestions of students, I created the following activitywhich provides several options for students working in partner teams.
See this Amp at http://amplify.com/u/eaxu