Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LAUSD Expected to Reform Teacher Evaluations #edchat

This topic always gets me into trouble with fellow teachers. Pay for performance aka merit pay does not get much support from teacher ranks. Although I am a teacher, I have been a proponent of this model for many, many years. Before teachers start screaming, make sure you differentiate between the concept and its implementation. I agree that many of the proposed forms of implementation leave a lot to be desired. However, I believe we must move to pay for performance and fine tune the implementation afterward. My argument has always been that the vast majority of professions have worked on this model and made it work. It doesn't work perfectly but then what does. Oh well, I could go on and on but I'll stop for now. http://amplify.com/u/3a8y

Posted via web from jeffthomas posterous

No comments: